Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One of those Days...

I feel that this should be a short post because really all I want to do is talk about how much I miss AJR and how I can't wait until we are married and that waiting another 3 and a half months just sounds too darn long! I don't want to subject anyone to that kind of mushy talk, so instead I will just ramble about some recent happenings. First of all this morning I got caught up for way too many hours of my life sitting in court (I'm innocent I swear!) for a traffic ticket involving me running a red light. Sigghhh. I had to pay a large fine. It was a bummer. I also didn't go to work because I didn't want to make the hour haul half way through the day so I was left in a bad mood with a list of errands that needed to be completed. So I took my car in for some maintenance work and walked around the adorable little shopping area of Libbie Grove. I had to get more lace for my dress (man, this dress is so NEEDY!) and I stopped in an adorable little paper store to look at their invitation stuff. The shop is in a ritzy part of town, so of course everything was out of my price range, but I was there for like an hour looking through ideas and admiring designs and letterpress. I really love stationary. Like a lot. I have reeaallyy been putting off doing the invites because I am so undecisive and everything I want is just for someone else's budget, not mine. I keep coming back to the thought that I should buy cardstock in bulk online and hand stamp them myself. I am really liking this idea, but I am concerned about the time it will take to do them all. After going to the paper store though, I really think I need to just commit already! This is seriously at the top of my list... I am getting to it I promise!
After my little stroll through Libbie Grove (and a very expensive car bill) I went to pay Oksana a visit because I was getting pretty anxious about the fact that my dress is too tight. Basically she keeps telling me how I will shed all this weight before the wedding from stress, but I have decided a really skinny Whitney is a really ugly Whitney. No one wants to see a stick figure bride and I am not happy with the way I look when I am under weight. I informed her that I will actually be working on keeping weight on, not losing it. Thankfully she understood and has agreed that before the wedding she will let the dress out if needed. Those Russians. They just want everyone to be stick skinny and model like. Oh well.
So anyhow, that was my day in a nutshell. I feel about a zillion times better about the dress... especially after the latest addition to it and the fact that it will definitely fit right. Whhheewww.
We sent out our wedding website this week to our family and friends, I'm really glad that it's done. We will still need to update it and whatnot, but everyone seems to really like it which makes me happy. We originally made one with The Knot, but I came across Project Wedding and theirs is WAY nicer. The layouts are really classy and I am pleased with the result :)

Oh! And we ordered our cake topper... I'll post on that tomorrow. It pretty much rocks!

Okay, so much for a short post. Also, thinking on it, 3 and a half months is not that long. 100 days from today! Remember in elementary school when it was 100 days before summer they would make paper chains and get all excited? I think we may have even made hats too. I want my "100 Days" hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment