Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome to the Wedding

Going along with my little country like theme (yee-haw!), I was thinking of some ideas on what we could have for wedding signs. I've been to weddings where they have the couple's initials plastered everywhere and I have to admit, I am not a fan (and the Picky Bride comes out!). I just want something in front of the reception that is a welcome sign of some sort. I don't really like the wreathe idea (ugh. way overdone) and banners remind me of birthday parties for kids.

This is so cute. I like the old window pane look... and I would love to find an actual window to use!
(theknot.com) 
So, this serves as a double duty... a warm welcome and a way to tell people where their table is! I LOVE it!
(check out this AWESOME reception from OnceWed, very similar atmosphere that I am hoping for)
(I found this on theknot.com)
I picture my Dad or Grandad making me something like this, but have it just say "The ____'s" (last name) with the wedding date underneath so that we could save it for our future home (stake that sucker in the front yard!) Yep, already signing the men in my family up for wedding duties.
(theknot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment